Due to the global pandemic, more and more company employees have chosen to work from home. With winter coming, the virus will spread more quickly, and special attention will need to be given to personal protection. The following are 10 suggestions regarding at-home personal protection. I hope it helps!
1. Wash hands frequently and maintains hygienic habits
- Wash your hands frequently with soap, using water up to 50 degrees Celsius. If there is no running water and your hands are not obviously dirty, use an alcohol-based disinfection product or wet wipes to clean your hands.
- When you want to sneeze, remember to cover your mouth and nose, and sneeze while facing away from those around you.
2. Strengthen physical fitness and immunity, and keep your living environment hygienic
- Strengthen physical fitness and immunity by eating a healthy diet, exercising moderately, working regularly, and avoiding excessive fatigue.
- When the weather is nice, open your windows for ventilation at least 2-3 times per day, 30-40 minutes each time. When you encounter extreme weather, reduce the number of open windows, but do your best to keep air flowing.
3. Try to avoid going out to crowded places and pay attention to your physical symptoms
- Try to avoid activities in crowded places, such as supermarkets, squares, or parks. These kinds of places often pose potential transmission risks.
- When you have symptoms, such as a cough, runny nose, or fever, you should stay away from others and get tested immediately.
4. Learn the correct way to wash your hands
- Proper hand washing is one of the most effective measures to prevent diarrhea and respiratory infections. The World Health Organization, along with other authoritative organizations, recommends washing your hands thoroughly with soap and running water.
- Here is a video of the correct steps: youtube link.
5. Choose your mask wisely
Here are two options to be used in different scenarios:
- Option 1: Choose a disposable medical mask for your daily life and remember to replace it immediately after wearing it continuously for 4 hours.
- Option 2: Choose medical-grade protective masks when you go to a hospital or crowded places. It must also be replaced after being worn for 4 hours.
6. Wear the mask correctly
- When you go out, you must learn to wear the mask correctly. Wash your hands before putting the mask on, pay attention to the position of the mask, and do not wear it backward. While wearing it, the mouth, nose, and chin should be completely covered.
- If it is a particle protective mask, you should test the seal. Do this by slowly taking a deep breath and waiting for the mask to tighten. The mask will then bulge when exhaling.
- While wearing the mask, the greatest risk of contamination is on the outer surface. After taking off the mask, remember to wash your hands thoroughly.
7. Maintain social distancing
- Maintaining social distancing refers to keeping a safe distance from others in order to reduce the probability of disease transmission to surrounding people. When people talk, cough, or sneeze, they will spray large amounts of droplets. The spray of droplets can reach up to about 2 meters. To reduce the risk of infection, as well as the spread of coronary pneumonia, please keep at least 2 meters between you and others.
- This applies even if you are not sick. Physical distancing is very important, especially for people with weakened immune systems.
8. Keep a positive attitude
- Maintain a positive attitude, and a balanced diet, and use your time to enrich your life by maintaining a regular routine, exercising, and keeping an active social life.
- It is normal to experience anxiety at home, and it can be managed through appropriate methods, such as writing in a diary and maintaining communication with friends and family members.
- If you are emotionally troubled, please take the initiative to talk openly with someone you trust, or seek help from a professional, psychological counselor.
9. Be prepared
- Whether it is before, during, or after the pandemic, stock your home with sufficient food, such as bread, milk, fruit, and meat.
- In addition, in terms of health supplies, you must prepare thermometers, masks, disinfection supplies, and other illness-prevention materials.
10. Develop the habit of self-management,
- When you work from home, without supervision or constraints, it is easy to take advantage of that freedom and indulge yourself. For example: playing games, watching movies, or sleeping late. This can easily lead to laziness.
- Make a work plan for Monday through Friday. Keep yourself busy and cultivate beneficial self-discipline habits in order to better complete work tasks.
The above are 10 suggestions for working from home during the pandemic. If you have more suggestions, please leave a message below, and we will reply as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates