IPL Media Rights Tender – World’s Costliest Sports Properties: With IPL Media Rights Auction still on, Indian Premier League has already set a BIG-RECORD. As per the latest info coming in from the BCCI, IPL Per Match value in the e-auction has crossed 100 Crore per match value mark. With this IPL has overtaken Premier Leauge, Major League Baseball to become 2nd Costliest Sports Property in the World: Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE Updates & Indian Cricket LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
Now only NFL Per Match Value (133 Crore) is more than IPL Per Match Value. But with auction still on – BCCI can expect to break even that mark.
IPL Media Rights Tender : IPL per match VALUE cross 100 Crore mark, OVERTAKES Premier League to become world’s No. 2 costliest sporting property: Follow LIVE UPDATES
IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE – IPL Rights E-Auction LIVE: The BIG DAY for the BCCI and the Indian cricket has started delivering results.
The BOARD is up for WINDFALL. Already in the 1st HALF of IPL E-AUCTION, Bids have crossed 40,000 Crore mark. The Package A and B are on BLOCKS first. All the bidders are bidding from the confines of their own premises. The primary fight is between Disney Star vs Sony Network vs Reliance Viacom18.
The other contender in the fray ZEE is unlikely to bid for Package A. Amazon & Google have already withdrawan
IPL Media Rights Tender: BCCI up for WINDFALL, BIDS already cross 40,000 Crore: Follow LIVE UPDATES
- @15:30: Bidding Restarts and the VALUE of IPL Rights Per Match crosses 100 Crore: Currently BIDS at 42,000 Crore
- @14:00: In 1st HALF of IPL E-AUCTION – Bidding for the RIGHTS has crossed 40,000 CR – That means already IPL Rights are more than DOUBLED from the current price
- @13:30PM: IPL Rights E-Auction to RESUME at 3:30PM: All bidders still in fray. ‘Numbers can’t be disclosed’, says BCCI Official.
- @12:41PM: 1st Day Auction will go on till 6 PM IST / Break will be taken at 1:30PM to 3PM
- @12:30PM: ZEE unlikely to BID for PACKAGE A / Package B & C is where Zee preferences lies as reported earlier by InsideSport. Sony Sports Network is bidding in the name of Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited for PACKAGE A
- @12:15 PM: Lalit Modi makes BIG & BOLD PREDICTION – IPL Rights will fetch more than USD 8 Billion – says can go up to even $10BN
- @11:55 AM: On Bidders request BCCI allows to Increase incremental BIDS to any amount above 50 LACS. Interestingly as the E-Auction MODULE is, no one from the BCCI or BIDDERS know who is BIDDING what? Only thing that comes on their SCREENS is the LAST BIDDED Amount.
- First on the Block is E-Auction for Package A & B – Simultaneous BIDS to be placed. 49 Crore base price for Package A / 33 Crore for Package B Let’s see who starts the bidding war. Bidders bidding for 410 Matches.
- @11:00 AM: Bidding Begins, Mjunction the E-auction agency is conducting the bidding
IPL Cross 100 Crore Per Match mark: The incumbent, Star India, acquired IPL media rights at Rs 16,348 crore for the 2018-22 period.
For the 2023-27 period, the BCCI had set the base price at Rs 32,890 crore.
The base price for TV rights was Rs 49 crore per match. Digital rights base-price was Rs 33 crore per match.
The same has already been breached. IPL as per the LATEST REPORTS have crossed 100 CR PER MATCH VALUE Mark.
World’s Costliest Sports Properties: Currently, America’s National Football League (NFL) is considered to be the costliest SPORTS-PROPERTY in the World.
The per match value of NFL is in the range of 17.36MN i.e 133 Crores per match.
This is followed by Premier League. EPL per match costs comes to round about 81 Crore per game.
IPL Media Rights which were earlier sold at 54 Crore per match. But now has already cross 100 CR PER GAME.
This has made IPL the 2nd COSTLIEST Sports property in the WORLD.
“We are confident IPL Media Rights will set new bench-marking for the sports industry. Don’t want to predict any number. But BCCI is confident that it will be a record breaking number”, said BCCI’s Treasurer Arun Dhummal had told InsideSport just before the IPL Auction
NOTE: In the GRAPH above IPL Per Match Value given is 8.5 MN. It is as per the Dollar exchange rate in 2018. As per the Dollar Exchange rate of today IPL Per Match Value is 6.9MN (54 Crore per match)
World’s Costliest Sports Properties – TOP 5 LIST
IPL media rights are the fourth highest currently.
National Football League (NFL), English Premier League (EPL), and Major League Baseball (MLB) are the top 3 properties as PER the per match value media rights sales figures.
The top 5 list is completed by Bundesliga which is valued at 30 Crore per match.
Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE Updates & Indian Cricket LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN