Diabetic retinopathy is a serious eye condition that is caused by constantly high blood sugar levels. Excess sugar levels in blood reduce the strength and flexibility of blood vessels and capillaries working at the rear end of the eye. As the sugar levels remain all-time high, the capillaries begin to break down and hemorrhage. As the number of hemorrhages progress, they start interfering with the normal functioning of retinal cells leading to blurry vision initially. If the condition continues longer than that, it causes irreparable damage to the optic nerve leading to permanent blindness. As this is the diabetic retinopathy awareness month, we are sharing a few important reasons why you must be aware of this disease. The Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda involves totally harmless and natural practices that helps to cure diabetic retinopathy from roots.
Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda
The Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda involves totally natural and harmless practices that eliminate the root cause of the disease without any side effects. It also works on long term prevention of the problem by simplifying the diet and lifestyle of the patient and compelling them to adopt a physically active routine. Apart from that, the Ayurvedic treatment for retinopathy is much more economical as compared to modern medical treatments. You may want to choose rationally as it is a long term treatment that requires dedication, commitment, patience, and regular expenses.
- It Is One Of The Biggest Causes of Blindness Among Adults: It is estimated that 33 per cent of total individuals that lose eyesight during their adult years credit it to diabetic retinopathy. It is a global figure that is rising due to the increased effect of a sedentary lifestyle on the working population.
- Longer The Duration of Diabetes Higher The Risk Of Retinopathy: The risk of retinopathy is higher with those who suffer from type 1 diabetes. It finally catches up with them within a decade or 2 decades or within half a decade. Treatments can only help in delaying it but not denying it. The more control you give up on your sugar cravings higher goes the risk of blindness due to retinopathy.
- Most People Who Suffer From Retinopathy Weren’t Aware of It In The First Place: There are many conditions along with high blood sugar that lead to the rapid progress of this disease. Hypertension, stress, anemia, glycemia, nephropathy, and smoking are some of the common factors that impact the development of retinopathy in diabetes patients. Most people who fall prey to it aren’t aware of these factors and fail to take appropriate measures to prevent the progression of retinopathy. People who suffer from these problems can cure it with Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda.
- You Can Identify Its Symptoms With The Funduscopic Examination: People with diabetes need to undergo medical check ups regularly. The frequency of these checkups is directly related to the progress of diabetes effects in the patient’s body. If a person is at the advanced stage of retinopathy, he or she will need checkups at closer intervals. In crux, diabetes patients must not skip their regular checkups, it reduces the risk of several conditions including permanent blindness.
- It Is Mandatory To Keep A Check On Blood Sugar Levels: Whether your body is showing any symptoms of retinopathy, glaucoma, etc or not, it is mandatory to keep a strict check on your blood sugar levels. The control you exercise on your sugar intake will play a key role in the prevention of serious problems like retinopathy in near future.
- Diabetic Patients Are More Vulnerable To Serious Eye Diseases Including Retinopathy: Patients suffering from any kind of diabetes have a higher tendency to develop serious vision-related problems like corneal abnormalities, glaucoma, neuropathies, etc. Since retinopathy is one of the most usual complications, it has turned into one of the biggest causes of vision loss.
- It Is Crucial To Understand The Fundamentals of Eyesight Preservation: Ayurveda suggests several simple practices like a regular massage of soles before bed, every day gazing at a ghee lamp for a few minutes, eye exercises, cold washes, and goat milk swabs that can help in keeping eyes healthy for a lifetime. When you bind your routine into some of these simple practices, it ought to work in favor of your eyesight and save you a lot of trouble.
- A Thorough Understanding Of Diabetic Retinopathy Goes A Long Way In Prevention Of This Disease: You can prevent the conditions leading to retinopathy by understanding the disease and its contributing factors. Imagine being caught completely unaware of the problem when you are weeks away from complete blindness. Sounds scary, doesn’t it? Do some research, talk to your doctor, and read authentic literature to know the ins and outs of this problem so that you can do the needful to keep its complications at bay.
Diabetic retinopathy is one of the leading causes of blindness and visual impairment, it’s high time it gets recognized as a rising problem among adults. It is also crucial that diabetes patients are well educated and aware of the complications brought forth by constantly high blood sugar levels and how to prevent them. Also, it is important to choose the right kind of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates